Forbearance | What You Need to Know
Are you aware of recent FCC regulations that may impact your rates? It’s called forbearance, but what it means is that your rates on POTS lines will likely increase soon. We’re ready to help you navigate these changes, and even have alternatives that will lower your overall investment.
- Customers can immediately mitigate their service and rate exposure associated with the FCC order by moving away from resale services where possible, including transitioning to BullsEye’s industry leading VoIP service as a more robust and cost-effective solution.
- Customers can also migrate from complex and high cost local services like Centrex, PBX, BRI, RCF, Foreign Exchange, etc. to standard POTS solutions.
- BullsEye offers a variety of robust VoIP alternatives that will eliminate the uncertainty this order creates. The benefits for you can be substantial. You can save money, optimize your services, and enjoy a variety of useful features and capabilities with proven service migration and turn-up capabilities.
- It is expected that Resale services will continue to be available after 2-2-20 but at a higher cost basis since there will be a loss of the mandated discount. However, it is also expected that the ILECs will remove the current resale mandated discounts on the base (ordered prior to 2-2-20) on 8-2-22 as part of a 3-year transition plan.
- It is also expected that prior to the 8-2-22 deadline that all resale and lines/services need to be transitioned to alternative arrangements if services are no longer available through the ILEC. The language in the FCC order assumes that carriers will migrate customers served via resale to another service alternative once the costs to serve via resale increase.
- BullsEye will continue to provide these TDM POTS services after the 2/2/20 date, as long as the LECs continue to offer BullsEye the ability to purchase them. It is expected that the costs of these services will rise considerably due to the FCC order.
- If you are an existing customer: Your BullsEye Customer Relationship Manager or BullsEye Sales Contact or BullsEye Client Services at 877-638-2855.
- If you have services with BullsEye, you can insulate yourself from these changes by moving to alternative BullsEye solutions, particularly VoIP. You may be able to minimize pricing impacts or even reduce your costs.
- BullsEye has converted thousands of lines from TDM services to more advanced VoIP services.
- We encourage you to consider transitioning away from these legacy services to BullsEye’s more robust VoIP platform.
- It is important to remember that your current services may not be available after 8/2/22, depending on how individual ILECs respond to the order.
- BullsEye recommends evaluating your current lines to determine if any are negatively impacted. We can help you do this! Also, we have a variety of service options, including VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and other technology solutions to minimize any possible loss of service. Along with addressing the impacts of the legislation, these service options can also save your business money and offer improved capabilities/technology.
- For many customers, moving to VoIP is the real answer to addressing this change. As a leading provider of VoIP services, BullsEye has years of experience successfully moving customers from TDM lines to VoIP in a controlled manner. The result is lower costs and more robust feature functionality.
- Customers requiring phone lines after 2/2/20 may not be able to purchase them at the same prices. The ILECs (Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers) are no longer required to offer these services at the same costs.
- Essentially after 2/2/20, ILECs are no longer required to offer these services at a discount to competitive local providers, like BullsEye. Therefore, costs may increase on new lines.
- For existing services, those services may not be available after 8/2/22 or may be priced at higher retail/tariff rates. The order requires that these lines be available until 8/2/22, but we recommend you plan now for this change. It will be here before you know it!
*Current POTS customer? Let BullsEye help you make the switch. Check out our POTS to VoIP resource page.
test test test
Please contact your BullsEye sales or support representative for more information or assistance.